Dec. 21 marks the first official day of winter. As the seasons change, it’s always a good time to reevaluate your skincare routine along with other health and wellness regimens so you can stay energized and healthy.
Here are some tips and products to try as part of your health and wellness routine as we move closer to winter.
1. Try Hempz Age-Defying Moisturizer, which is enriched with 100% pure natural hemp seed oil to provide skin hydration and nourishment. Also containing Vitamins A, C and E, the brand’s products are paraben-free, gluten-free and 100% vegan. Look for Hempz Limited-Edition Sugared Mint & Spiced Nutmeg Holiday Collection.
2. Use products by Blue Beautifly, a beauty brand that cares about the environment while providing clients with all-natural ingredients. The Age Denying Bundle ($110) is an excellent starter kit full of anti-aging products that don’t include chemicals, parabens or other harmful ingredients. Not only will you find all the ingredients listed on all their products, you will recognize many of the ingredients as floral, herbal and fruit extracts along with oils.
3. The latest trends in fitness call for at-home workouts with interactive technology meant to simulate a live group class environment. The NordicTrack Commercial 2950 Treadmill (prices vary) is a sturdy at-home treadmill that comes with a 22-inch, easy to use, interactive high-definition touch screen and 15% incline/3% decline control. The machine enables you to work out with a trainer on-demand, who will help get results and even show you the world. The iFit Global Workouts virtually transport runners to Patagonia, Chile, Iceland, Thailand and more.
Looking for more of a strength training workout? The company’s newly released NordicTrack RW900 Rower provides users with the same interactive technology benefits along with a 22-inch touchscreen display that is a gateway to 30 built-in workouts as well as hundreds of additional interactive workouts that are available courtesy of iFit integration. Best of all? The rower easily folds and rolls away for compact storage.
4. Invest in a pair of reading glasses that actually fit and feel comfortable like eyebobs’ I’m Righter Readers — tortoise outside with blue inside ($89), a dependable reader with durable spring hinges, optical-quality lenses and hand-finished with Italian acetate. For a slight upgrade, the Style Guy All Day Reader — light brown ($149) is great for computer use because of its multi-focus lenses with no visible lines and no distortion. With scratch-resistant lenses and acetate frame material, the reader is hassle-free so you can wear it all day.
5. Stay healthy by cooking meals at home this winter. Le Creuset’s signature enameled Dutch ovens are perfect for slow cooking, braising and roasting meats, vegetables and seafood. Durable and suitable for both stovetops and ovens, the cast-iron material helps maintain even and consistent heat. Whether you are cooking for two or an entire family, the Dutch ovens come in a variety of size options. Prices vary.
6. Even though it’s not summertime, use sunglasses to protect as much of the delicate skin around your eyes as possible. Throw on a pair of Maho shades, which are fashionable, comfortable and affordable. Capetown Bianco ($125) is a universally flattering style with Ultramarine Polarized Amber Lenses. Styles are available for men and women.
7. Dress in layering pieces as the temperatures change. Cozy up in Obermeyer’s Stella Fleece Jacket ($169), which feels like being bundled in a blanket. With its flattering silhouette and faux leather trim details, it’s easy to stay warm yet stylish. The Down Snowshirt ($109) is super versatile as it can be worn as a shirt or jacket. Great for hiking or just running errands around town, the jacket features 550-fill power duck down insulation and is water-resistant.
The ARC’TERYX Laina Cardigan ($149) is a stylish and longer-length open cardigan featuring the warmth of technical fleece. The company’s Nuri Coat ($399) is a lofty 750-fill European grey goose down that is sophisticated and refined. The coat features a functional hood and is water repellent for those bad weather days.
8. Les Couronnes de Victoire, located in the heart of Paris, offers beautiful accessories using natural, preserved flowers. Elevate your style with the Rose hair clip, which is made up of dried hydrangea, baby’s breath and ruscus and is meant to last. The label’s mission is to enhance women’s natural beauty through flowers.